Decahedron



This is something special!! Decahedron is a band that does not really exists. It started as a fun-band, a trio with members of Frodus (the dummer played as well in Battery) and Fugazi. The previous name was The Black Sea, but later the band found out that the name is already taken so they changed it into Decahedron. Jason (drumms), Shelby (guitar) and Joe (bass) recorded few songs and released EP. "Disconnection_Imminent" is the first and so far last album.
After Joe left the band, Decahedron has constant problems with bassplayers.
The music they make is sorta post-hadcore. All of them are amazing players and they really know how to make music. You can hear very technical guitar and bass work, as well as some sludgy guitar parts and crashing drumms.

This band is very special for me for many reasons. I met Jason many, many years ago, while Battery toured Europe, then few more times until Frodus came to Europe. Then as well I met Shebly. Some time later Jason told me about Decahedron project and gave me the cd... I still wait for them to come over to Europe. It's special band with very special people. And very special music.

0 comments: